The Internet Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company’s products, initiatives, and services to customers through digital marketing. Its approach is to embrace the strength of its marketplace and pace of innovation to drive marketing programs that are as entrepreneurial, data-driven, and innovative as the company itself. The team owns a variety of areas including search engine marketing & optimization, affiliate marketing, partnership relations, display advertising, real-time bidding, mobile, social, and data analytics. The North America Display Marketing team owns the areas of display advertising, paid and organic social media, real-time bidding and programmatic buying, and display/social innovation strategy. The team is split between Retargeting and Mid-Funnel and cover both Display and Social activities with Organic Social responsibility also falling into Mid-Funnel.
The Display and Social Marketing Director will lead Retargeting and Mid-Funnel Prospecting and Engagement efforts across display and social paid media, as well as oversight of Organic Social initiatives for the US/Canada. This individual will oversee a team of seven, and be responsible for the team’s success across a large number of concurrent campaigns, delivering on revenue and budget performance targets, timely launches, effective delivery, media buying, ad agency management, and post-campaign reporting. This includes managing all interactions between respective internal teams and the respective agencies and publishers.
- Develop performance display and social strategies and immediate key actions to aggressively improve performance supported by an aggressive set of ROAS targets
- Ensure alignment of organic social activities and campaigns with mid-funnel paid social efforts
- Recommend the best set of partners for display and social (agencies, new tools, operations) in collaboration with other channels and international
- Partner with leadership to drive the thinking on measurement and attribution
- Collaborate with other channel leaders to optimize strategies, integrate with strategic initiatives such as the performance marketing war-room, SEM, and integrated test-and-learn frameworks.
- Define and optimize team structure for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with senior leadership to secure resources, validate success, and gain critical knowledge to support team success.
- Identify top industry trends and build relationships with critical suppliers and media partners to ensure Stubhub has access to the best new techniques and emerging opportunities.
- Maintain and develop key relationships across internal teams: product, SEM, CRM, SEO, consumer insights, content teams
Key Skills and Qualifications
- At least 8 years of experience delivering measureable results and leading performance marketing operations across display and social media
- Deep programmatic experience and well versed in ad ops and real-time bidding trading and experience with cross-channel performance techniques such as retargeting to improve results across all touchpoints
- Well-versed in measurement techniques and ability to define measurement requirements and
- frameworks and work with analytics teams to improve reporting and visibility including attribution systems and processes
- An aptitude for team leadership that ensures optimal leverage of talent and resources and motivates teams to success
- A natural ability to work collaboratively cross-functionally and provide thought leadership as needed and anticipate the needs of other organizations and leaders
- Experience driving a thorough selection process and leading key partner relationships to support successful operations including agencies, tools vendors, and other external partners
- Positive, can-do attitude; must be experienced at effective communication and fostering teamwork.
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English required; French or Spanish a plus.
The Display and Social Marketing Director will be based in San Francisco, CA and report directly to the CMO
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events in more than 40 countries. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are through our desktop and mobile experiences.