Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Director, Third Party Relationship Management for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL facility.
Enables USAA's third-party risk management/procurement strategies and program pillars of managing risk, strengthening operational efficiency, driving Enterprise value, and delivering exceptional customer experience through effective relationship management of multiple third-party relationships. Understands the relevant operational risks and regulatory compliance requirements of the business processes outsourced to the third party. Primary duties are focused on Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process responsibilities for planning, risk assessment and due diligence, contract negotiations, on-going monitoring, and termination. Partners with the third-party risk management and procurement operations, CoSA leadership, and various support partners to build and enable business strategies, justify utilization, identify and select providers and effectively monitor and manage compliance with applicable policies and regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA policy, standards, procedures, reporting requirements, service level objectives, etc. This job resides in a line of business or a staff agency (CoSA) and requires continuous engagement and collaboration with other third-party roles as defined by the policy (i.e., Category Managers) within the CoSA’s operating environment.
- Responsible for effective and compliance relationship management of multiple third-party relationships with high or critical risk profiles at the aggregate third party level.
- Sets the direction of the team and identifies required tactics to facilitate execution, sustainment, and maturity of third-party relationship management pillars. May be required to provide leadership and direction for matrix employees.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to identify strategic sourcing opportunities and requirements. Manages long and short-term third-party strategy and relationships to support attainment of CoSA and Business Relationship Owners objectives and goals. Engages with senior leadership to develop and implement integrated and collaborative resource planning strategies.
- Engages with peer directors across the CoSA to share best practices and drive consistency in engagement with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense parents (i.e. Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end to end USAA and third-party execution)
- Responsible for ensuring the team's contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party’s ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- Acts in consultative and advisory capacity with senior management on strategic and tactical sourcing strategies; develops, plans and ensures successful implementation of outsourced operations enabling compliant and seamless member service delivery.
- Drives Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise objectives; develops projections of future demand related to Third Party Relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends.
- Provides thought leadership that will build and drive the third-party agenda. Champions the broader functions within the organization by demonstrating an understanding of the sourcing solutions business model and works as an advocate in the Enterprise; develops business cases for supplier value management and partner-based solutions.
- Accountable for metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing and supplier value and works collaboratively with business partners to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Builds and oversees a team dedicated to third-party risk management through recruiting, developing, retaining, coaching, guiding, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 4+ years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- 3+ years of direct team lead or management experience
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of supply chain management and relevant industry regulations
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence and drive solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong strategic and operational planning experience
- Experience leading cross-functional programs/projects
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Effective & Compliant relationship management skills in managing high risk vendors
- Drives enterprise value with analysis of Line of Business strategic objectives to a third party
- Subject Matter Expertise in Third Party Risk Management practices and OCC 29-13 and Fed SR 13-19 regulations
- CRVPM, or relevant governance, risk, compliance, or supply chain certifications
- Experience evaluating industry SSAE and SOC reports
- Previous experience managing a vendor relationship management team in financial services industry
- Knowledge or familiarity with Investment and Life & Health Insurance products
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/23/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.