Purpose of JobThis position supports the supervision of front line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation.
We are current;y seeking a talented Director of Supervision and Controls for Remote locations.
- Responsible for the oversight of supervision functions of the first line business units.
- Works to ensure that adherence to the USAA ethical standards are met.
- Serves as supervision advisor to designated business partners and executives.
- Engages key risk and compliance stakeholders to help support initiatives for assigned business unit and affiliate oversight efforts. Implements process improvements and regulatory changes that will enable expense reduction and effective risk management compliance.
- Provides counsel to assigned business unit managers on risk and compliance issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on their impact to USAA’s risk profile.
- Directs audit and exam preparedness including data collection and standard responses for applicable front-line business units.
- Participate in risk management programs as needed including new activity risk assessments, RCSAs, Risk Appetite documentation, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring risk metrics and triggers are set appropriately to monitor risk appetites and operating within the enterprise risk governance framework.
- Utilizes or provides input into dashboard reporting for the team to effectively illustrate any issues, trends, and patterns with providing recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for adhering to established risk escalation processes.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of supervision professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry.
- 6 or more years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5+ years banking risk and compliance experience and/or bank operations in a highly complex environment.
- 5+ years people management and talent development experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/23/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.