Are you a results-oriented professional motivated to make a difference?
Do you value innovation as much as we do?
We are D+R International, a mission-driven, energy efficiency consulting firm based in Silver Spring, MD. For more than 31 years, D+R has promoted sustainable practices with creative market- and business-based solutions. We provide our clients with incisive market analysis, strategic guidance, and program coordination services. At D+R, we cultivate changes that improve the environment and the quality of people’s everyday lives. Our clients include federal and state agencies, major utilities, national manufacturers, retailers, and trade groups.
The ideal candidate for the Director - Sales and Marketing role at D+R has an entrepreneurial spirit and is a goals-driven individual. The candidate will have a strong desire to be part of a collaborative team. Sales is where it all begins. It’s the tip of the spear for the business and, as such, the Director - Sales and Marketing needs to be resourceful with the ability to create something from nothing, have a vision for customer acquisition and a desire to both contribute and coach others.
D+R’s top candidate for Director - Sales and Marketing will have the ability to coach, inspire and develop other sales leaders. As this is not solely an individual contributor’s role, success will be determined, in part, by the ability to effectively collaborate with internal experts and build sales capability across a team. At D+R, this collaboration of sales and expertise is where we demonstrate our greatest value and deliver a differentiated value proposition in the sales process.
The ideal candidate will know the difference between “mutually reviewing a proposal together” versus “proposal sent” and the considerable impact that difference has on forecast accuracy. Success will be measured by a series of metrics that indicate results that have been achieved. Top line sales, revenue and profitability are examples of these important metrics. Other measures that are indicative of progress toward sales goals include—leads generated, meetings booked and the success rate of sales calls. This candidate will value compensation in the form of a base salary with significant upside commensurate with meaningful customer acquisition. This position reports to the President.
Director- Sales and Marketing
Provides product and services knowledge to potential clients and is the liaison between the buyers and D+R International. Acts as an expert in selling products and services to associations and other clients with traditionally long sales cycles and who often use an RFP process for selection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with customers throughout the sales process to transfer product and services sales knowledge and match them to the client’s needs
- Generates new leads by networking
- Creates sales appointments with potential clients
- Finds new target markets and penetrates them to drive sales
- Discovers how to market products and services to new users
- Teams with internal experts to make sure that products and services being recommended fit client needs
- Understands how to make products and services appeal to buyers based on current trends
- Develops sales strategy
- Works with marketing partner to execute sales strategies
- Teaches other sales consultants how to pitch to potential consumers
- Consults with other team leaders on sales pitches for other D+R offerings
- Travel: up to 20-30%
BA/BS degree in a related discipline or relevant experience/training
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of the industry trade groups marketplace
- Background in selling intangibles/services
- Minimum of 5 years experience selling to industry trade groups
- CRM experience, preferably Salesforce
- People Person
- Great Written and Verbal Communication Skills,
- Writes Reports
- Public Speaking
- Product Demonstration
- Strategic Thinker
- Metrics Driven
- Preference given for candidates willing to be located in Silver Spring, MD
We support women by providing opportunities for women to hold executive roles who have the ability to make big decisions and influence others. We also offer a flexible work environment which can be very attractive to all employees but specifically those with families who have a lot of needs to be met inside and outside the home.