The Sales Director is esponsible for sales and renewals across a wide geography. You will lead the sales force and support staff in the acquisition of new enrollment and effective retention of existing enrollment in a manner that contributes to the objectives and profitability goals of the division. Establishes and maintains effective group and broker relationships within the community.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Responsible for meeting and/or surpassing all accountable sales and retention goals for the marketplace. Collaborates with various internal groups to drive success in the marketplace.
- Analyzes industry, technical, economic and other relevant data to increase market share and competitive standing. Prepares recommendations for presentation to VP and other senior management.
- Develops and manages price, sales and expense budgets and forecasts. Analyzes and develops recommendations to address variances.
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for continuous improvement. Demonstrates personal motivation, energy, creativity and adaptability while pursuing goals.
- Oversees the recruitment, development and retention of talent across the marketplace. Supports developmental activities and ensures succession plans are in place for key positions.
- Prepares and manages budget to meet department objectives and goals while staying in compliance with the Company budgeting practices, procedures, and objectives.
- Values and supports talent in the organization. Ensures that employees understand and fulfill their job responsibilities and roles. Recognizes and rewards success. Provides constructive feedback and coaching. Seeks out and supports opportunities for employee development.
- Deals with key brokers/agents and group situations that involve products or complicated issues.
- Coordinates such activities with other functional personnel as appropriate.
- Keeps current on new developments in the marketplace to identify problems, trends, solutions, and takes the appropriate steps to ensure that information critical to the success of the Company is utilized.
- Actively participates in industry groups and other community activities that assist the Company in developing a favorable image in the community.
- Director Sales would have a/an Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and 7 years of experience in individual health sales and 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing sales and marketing strategic plans including customer segmentation, sales process design, sales role definition, coverage models, sales organization design, goals setting, performance management and sales incentive programs.
- Proven competency in managing highly complex and difficult negotiations with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and delivering clear and concise presentations and workshops for producers and groups.
- Proven ability in developing processes to organize departmental activities to ensure high quality results through efficient use of resources.
- Demonstrated ability in communicating strategic direction in a manner that all levels of staff understand their role. Ability to anticipate potential barriers to achieving objectives and implements plans to overcome.
- Ability to analyze costs and benefits of various solutions which support business strategies and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong listening and reasoning skills, ability to work in a team environment and ability to communicate sensitive and/or confidential information to supervisors, co-workers, customers and other external audiences.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration
Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed with 60 days of hire, to sell insurance (health,life and/or disability) in Oregon..
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]