Job TitleDirector Procurement Engineering
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will lead and manage all Procurement
Engineering activities for the Value segment for Ultrasound global business including transducers. This business partner understands the product context End to End and delivers business strategies including the strategic cost management vision to the commodities. This business partner owns the DfX concept and competence and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines, market stakeholders and relevant other business entities to make this happen.
Leads Procurement Engineering in the category. Meets all Category related Procurement Objectives/KPI’s (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers).
Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the category. Acts as interface to the relevant Commodity Leaders.
Ensures Category spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept. Acts as Category MT member, provide Leadership and vision to support the organizational Category objectives (short & long term).
Ensures that the Category Procurement Engineering related risks are controlled and mitigated. Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components.
Executes Category requirements for procurement strategy. Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps).
Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product Design Process within the Category. Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT's).
Secures S&OP linkage to component availability. Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management. Manages development of Target Cost model of products.
Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement). Leads the Supplier Quality Managers who are related to single Category suppliers.
This role require international travel of > 40%
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner is member of the business management team for value segment and Apex transducers team and ensures that all the business leaders can access all Procurement activities, including Commodity Management teams and 02C. The Procurement Engineering Business Partner ensures the involvement of all relevant Commodity Management teams in I2M. This position is also responsible for managing the Business Group specific commodity activities in close coordination with Healthcare sector. In addition, this position is responsible and accountable for the quality and business compliance of procurement processes and activities within the Business Group.
- Leads all Procurement Engineering activity for Value segment
- Meets all BIU related Procurement Objectives/KPI’s (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, supply base optimization and consolidation)
- Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the BIU
- Acts as interface to the Commodity Cluster Leaders;
- Ensures Value segment relevant spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept;
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement engineering function
- Demonstrate leadership and vision to support the growth of value segment short & long term)
- Ensures that BIU Procurement Engineering related risks are controlled and mitigated;
- Builds and secures manufacturing capabilities and capacity at 3rd party (md. Lean Ops);
- Defines procurement requirements and business drivers for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components in x-fctl collaboration;
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps);
- Ensures early supplier involvement in Product Design Process;
- Manages the link between the new product introduction process with supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT’s).
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability;
- Ensures development of cost & quality roadmaps & linkage to margin management;
- Manages development of Target Cost model of products;
- Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement);
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.