We are looking for a Director of Project Management Office (PMO) to join the Verve team. The role serves as a conduit for communication between project managers, executives and department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. This role supervises the team that provides project management support functions and administrative support to project managers. Key responsibilities include: supporting project managers, facilitating approval for project management deliverables, managing project management processes via AHA, executive project communications and executive change control management. Ultimately, the team under your leadership is able to manage and deliver our projects’ lifecycle within quality, time and budget requirements.
For this position, we are looking for a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. As the manager of the PMO, you should use your team communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. The role reports directly into the VP of Product.
- Project management operational strategy, execution and communication for product releases
- Provide end-to-end project management processes and repeatable methodologies
- Provide end-to-end project management by initiative, including roadmap management thru release management including release announcements
- Planning, tracking, and reporting on outputs and outcomes from the PMO
- Provide weekly executive communications on key corporate initiatives
- Provide weekly prod & tech communication on focus areas to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement Verve projects
- Scope project requirements, define project timeline with published key milestones and where applicable, prepare budget
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met
- Cross-project interdependency management
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Setting and tracking change control procedures
- Providing management, training and mentorship to PMO team
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new projects
- BS in Computer Science, Digital Marketing or relevant field and at least 10 years of experience
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within mobile technology and/or digital advertising field
- Proven work experience managing PMO function
- Hands on experience with project management software
- Hands on experience within AHA a plus
- Solid technical background a plus
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
Founded in 2005, Verve has always recognized the potential of mobile and its unique ability to reach people no matter where they choose to go. Since day one, Verve set out to create a dynamic location mobile marketing platform to help advertisers, large and small, utilize the power of connecting with consumers on their devices in real time. Verve’s mobile experts continue to invent and build solutions with consumer engagement as a guiding principle. Harnessing the power of location-context mobile data, Verve believes that mobile advertising is more than a message; it is an experience that connects consumers with the brands, publishers, and moments they value.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving small businesses. With revenues in excess of $100M in 2016, Verve’s high growth rate and track record of profitability, 3 years and counting, provides a solid base from which it meets the demands of the fast-evolving mobile advertising market. With offices in the US, UK, India, and Vietnam, the Verve team is growing in all areas and looking to add top talent to our amazing team and solid culture.
Verve is focused on creating and advancing opportunities for women across all facets of the company. We partner with external organizations and host events that bring women together with leaders in technology and mobile advertising — Girl Develop It, for example. Our commitment to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer is demonstrated by the Verve family being comprised of 41% women across all levels and specialties.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category back in 2005 and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving [...]