Requisition Number R0019041Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are an experienced communicator and spokesperson, who excels in turning ad hoc issues into opportunities by using intellectual horsepower and strategic agility aligned with the vision and strategy of StubHub.
- You are responsible for reputation management by building and managing relations with key journalists, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
- Develop the strategy for and lead the team in execution of StubHub’s consumer, general business and technology stories such as business initiatives, product launches and enhancements.
- Ensure PR strategy is aligned with business initiatives and coordinated closely with marketing, partnerships and product teams, acting as a bridge to collaborate with teams across these functions on media strategy, events, social media initiatives and more.
- Increase impact and ROI of PR by translating PR strategy into brand activation campaigns with measurable goals.
- Responsible for press releases, Q&As, messaging, coordinating brand/programming activities including presentation and media events.
- Identify relevant industry events and conferences to increase visibility, and identify appropriate speaking opportunities to define the company's leadership in this area.
- Liaise with the larger eBay Inc communications team to ensure alignment in corporate positioning, joint activities and representation where applicable
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events in more than 40 countries. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are through our desktop and mobile experiences.