Director of IT Operations
Director of IT Operations
Portland, OR, Seattle, WA or Salt Lake City, UT
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Director of IT Operations is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Cambia Data Centers , Server, Storage, Backup & Recovery, Network, Firewall, and Web Infrastructure areas. This position will require strong strategic vision, with a demonstrated capability to transform teams to focus on quality controls, configuration management, and automation. Has a mastery of balancing stability and change.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Ensures, through regular monitoring and measurement, that the service Cambia provides to internal and external customers are effective, efficient, and highly valued by the business.
- Uses her/his perspective, experience, and broad level of knowledge to accurately anticipate future consequences and trends. Paints credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods for IT management, associates and customers.
- Works with Cambia executives and managers to design, plan, and align the interests and goals of IT with those of the business.
- Develops and manages plans that enable her/his team to support Cambia in achieving its short- and long-term goals.
- Develops risk assessments and transition plans to guide her/his organization through changes and times when things are “up in the air”.
- Sets priorities based on what is most important to the business. Focuses on achieving the “blue chips” and eliminating the barriers.
- Establishes goals and performance objectives that align with the goals of the business. Monitors, measures, and reports results. Holds direct reports accountable for achieving the goals and meeting performance objectives.
- Uses her/his knowledge of the organization and culture to effectively and quietly maneuver through complex political situations. Views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Establishes and maintains strategic and effective relationships with customers.
- Meets regularly with business leaders to listen, understand, address key issues, and educate them about IT services, capabilities, and value. Seeks out information from customers and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose. Talks about the possibilities both now and in the future. Makes the vision shareable by everyone. Inspires and motivates customers, the division, direct reports, or individual teams to achieve the vision.
- Sets an example of accountability for all associates by following policies, standards, and procedures.
- Organizes and motivates teams in multiple locations across Cambia to deliver high-quality, high-availability services.
- Integrates activities with business units and other IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manage to service levels for the delivery of services.
- Responsible for managing within the established budget and tracking and reporting budget status and issues.
May be responsible for the following:
- Coordination, planning and availability of IT development, test and production environments. Works closely with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to develop, implement and operate systems that improve processes and support critical business strategies.
- Overall operation of the business application systems and related computing infrastructure in use throughout Cambia.
- Executing infrastructure and systems strategy in conjunction with all technology areas of Cambia.
- Purchase and manage operational support hardware and software systems including corresponding maintenance contracts.
- Organize and motivate teams in multiple locations across Cambia to deliver high-quality, high-availability services.
- Reporting of capacity planning statistics and monitoring of Cambia systems including core applications, key infrastructure controls and Data Center environmental systems. This includes tracking down areas of concern and ensuring they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Development, implementation, execution and testing of disaster planning. Serves as “operations” sub-contractor on multiple projects across multiple platforms and subcontracts within the IT organization and outside vendors for technology and serviced support required to meet business needs.
Participates in the formulation of the company business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
- College degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent), or relevant experience is required.
- 10+ years in management of business or technology organizations (or other demonstrated experience) with demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Experience in cloud services (IaaS) or Hybrid Cloud
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with variety of customers and stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of general principles of finance, budget, project management and systems development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high performance work teams/groups and an established track record of managing technical staff through the project development life-cycle phases.
- Understands Cambia’s business vision, mission, goals, strategic interests and priorities and knows how it works.
- Understands the current and future capabilities of Information Technology. Uses this knowledge to support the business in achieving its short- and long-term goals.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]