Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is looking to hire a leader for our Data Science team at Vail Resorts. As the Director of Data Science, the role will be leading a very high-profile team that sits at the center of Vail Resorts’ strategy and has the full support of the CEO, CMO and the Executive Committee. We have a proprietary first party guest database that was built over the last 5+ years, is unmatched by any other company in the industry, and creates a robust foundation for building out impactful analytic models. This role will be responsible for taking our Data Science capabilities to the next level, building out our Data Science team, and developing advanced predictive algorithms that generate business insights to drive sizable impact for the business (e.g. predictive Next Resort Model to drive increased return rate for our guests).
Why this role is special:
- Vail Resorts is an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- Leveraging analytics is a core pillar of Vail Resorts’ strategy moving forward – a critical driver of our success leading to a strong willingness to invest
- We are a data-driven business with a proprietary guest database unmatched by any other company in the industry – a great foundation for building out analytic use cases
- The opportunity to lead our Data Science capabilities to the next level – building the team to 10+ data scientists, leading our capability development, and having significant impact on the business
- Direct exposure to senior leaders of the business (CEO, CMO, broader Executive team) – a unique opportunity to team with our business leadership to reimagine analytics
- All the free skiing / riding you and your dependents can handle – free Epic passes, discounted lodging and retail
- At least 10+ years of experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering etc.)
- Advanced experience in machine learning algorithms, regression (linear & non-linear models), clustering, etc
- Advanced fluency in SQL preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering and development of large scale data/data science centered modelling
- Extensive development experience in at least one programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Project management skills, including the ability to scope, deliver and deploy predictive modeling solutions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 168859
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle for less in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most [...]