Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. At XPO, our employees are our greatest asset and we’re always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for securing new contractual business in the areas of Last Mile delivery, assembly and installation services, with a strong emphasis on home, office and job site delivery. To be successful in this role, you'll have a proven track record of exceeding quota in a national sales role, as well as a deep understanding of consultative and strategic selling concepts. You'll lead and direct key members and resources during the sales process to achieve revenue and profit goals. You’ve built an impressive career already, and now you’re ready to take your career to the next level. Become a part of our rapidly growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assume a “hunter” role in securing customer accounts; work closely with the Strategic Accounts Team and other business units
- Consistently meet/exceed quarterly and annual individual sales goals
- Create presentations based on customer needs
- Market our services via cold calling, networking, web meetings, capabilities presentations, industry conferences, professional contacts, etc.
- Partner with key buying influencers within the customer’s organization to develop solutions that meet their business objectives
- Develop pricing structures, operating assumptions, key statistics and terms for contracts
- Assist operations and customers during startup processes
- Build close relationships with the Design, Operations, IT and Finance groups to offer input and recommendations for solution design and pricing
- Stay current with sales information regarding pricing, presentations, materials, literature, competitive advantages/disadvantages and new deal opportunities
- Contribute to securing deals that can operate safely and profitably
- Manage total sales process; collaborate with all functional areas and other business unit stakeholders
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience, including presenting and selling last mile delivery services to executive and senior management (dedicated contract carriage, home, office and job site delivery, cross-dock, pool distribution, local cartage, etc.)
- Demonstrated business acumen and solid operations background
- Proven ability to develop professional sales presentations tailored to the specific audience and opportunity
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Availability to travel nationally up to 50% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Good decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid ability to work both independently (with minimal supervision) and in a team environment
- A proven track record as an individual contributor who consistently meets or exceeds his/her sales goals
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]