Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. And we need leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for securing new contractual business for XPO in the areas of last-mile delivery, assembly and installation services, with a strong emphasis on home, office and job site delivery. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record exceeding quota in a national sales role, and a strong understanding of consultative and strategic selling concepts. The Business Development Executive is responsible for leading and directing key members, and resources from XPO’s team during the sales process to achieve revenue and profit goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assumes a “hunter” role, responsible for securing new last mile customer accounts, and working closely with XPO’s Strategic Accounts Team and other XPO Business Units.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual individual sales goals.
- Creates presentations based on customer needs.
- Markets XPO’s services via cold calling, networking, web meetings, capabilities presentations, industry conferences, contacts, etc.
- Works closely with key buying influences within the customer’s organization to develop solutions that meet their business objectives.
- Creates pricing structures, operating assumptions, key statistics and terms for contracts.
- Assists operations and customers during start-up processes.
- Develops close relationship with the design, operations, IT and finance groups and becomes involved in design and pricing.
- Stays up-to-date with sales information regarding pricing, presentations, materials, literature, competitive advantages, disadvantages and new deal opportunities.
- Commits to selling deals that can operate safely and profitably.
- Manages total sales process and interacts with all functional areas within XPO and other business unit stakeholders.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years’ 3PL experience presenting and selling last-mile delivery services (dedicated contract carriage; home, office and job site delivery, cross-dock, pool distribution, local cartage, etc.) to executive- and senior-level management.
- Solid business acumen and operations background.
- Excellent customer service and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to develop professional sales presentations tailored to the specific audience and opportunity.
- Strong computer and analytical skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- The willingness and ability to travel nationally (~50% travel)
- The ability to work both independently (with minimal supervision) and in a team environment.
- A proven track record as an individual contributor who consistently meets or exceeds his/her sales goals.
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]