Job TitleDirector of Business Development (Health Systems), Philips North America
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Are you expert in building creative and sustainable business models for health technologies and services?
Are you a healthcare entrepreneur with a vision for the future of healthcare technology?
Do you have strong deal experience, with a discerning eye for creative business opportunities that have a path toward long-term success?
Are you passionate about the impact of your work on the lives of billions of people?
If the answer is “yes”, Philips North America might have the opportunity you are looking for.
You are responsible for
- Source, evaluate, and execute new business and partnership opportunities for Philips NA, including for new channel development, service partnership, and potential investment opportunities, focusing on the North America region
- Quarterback strategic deals as primary deal architect, negotiator, and executer.
- Craft business cases and proposals relating to new opportunities for executive evaluation, including new commercial channels, cross- or co-marketing, service partnership, commercial alliances, and investment models.
- Accountable for working with multiple business and functions within Philips to effectively integrate new models that deliver results at scale over time
You are a part of
Philips North America is the largest market of Royal Philips, representing the total portfolio of our offerings to health systems, consumers, and other healthcare partners in the U.S. and Canada. Within Philips NA, the Strategy & Business Development team works closely with executive leadership as well as third-party leaders to grow and develop our commercial capabilities via partnerships, investments, or other inorganic models. The Director of Business Development (Health Systems) will drive the discovery, deal-flow, and integration of new opportunities that result in the expansion of our offerings and business models to leading health system partners in the U.S. and Canada. This role reports to the Head of Strategy and Business Development of Philips North America.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Relevant graduate degrees preferred (e.g., MBA, PhD)
- Minimum 10+ years overall work experience, with at least 5 years healthcare-specific experience
- Proven business development experience in the healthcare sector
- Strong visionary background in healthcare and/or healthcare technology, preferably with a strong personal network of market partners
- Proven deal experience in identifying, developing, and executing strategic transactions
- Expert understanding of how consumer & business value can be created through technology solutions and professional services.
- A self-starter needing low level management time and attention to perform day to day responsibilities, and comfortable traveling on a 40-50% basis
- Strong negotiation skills to work with Philips senior management and partner peers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong result / goal-orientation.
- Standout colleague, able to succeed in matrix environment.
- Strong presentation skills - ability to deliver regular management updates in form of board presentations
In return, we offer you
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the senior leaders responsible for Philips North America, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. You will be a core team member helping Philips North American grow in the years to come.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.