Job TitleDirector of Business Development
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for overseeing all client sales, strategic business development, client contracting, and business marketing and relations within Direct Radiology. This will also include coordination with the Radiology Solutions and Reading as a Service teams within Philips, and the Radiologist Resources, Physician Services, Implementation, and Client Services teams within Direct Radiology.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the DBD is involved in strategic planning and implementation to ensure continued organizational growth and efficiencies. Manages staff reporting to them and ensures all responsibilities are assigned and attended to.
You are responsible for
- Plans, develops, and implements systems and strategies for all client sales, strategic business development, client contracting, and business marketing and relations activities in order to ensure efficient and effective workplace practices. Works directly with executive team to address issues that are affecting the business or client’s ability to provide quality patient care.
- Administers and develops department protocols; including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and communicating to all management and employees. Duties include formulating protocols for all areas within business development and recommending policies and practices to management.
- Coordinates with other Direct Radiology teams to ensure a smooth client implementation experience and continue on-going experience. Assist Client Services team with client outreach in situations where delays or outages may be expected, such as natural disasters.
- Maintains current client and prospect client databases, and present current prospects to leadership team on a regular basis, typically monthly.
- Coordinate with our counterparts in Philips including but not limited to the Radiology Solutions team, Reading as a Service team, and within the global markets.
- Directs, mentors, and instructs Sales Team. Oversees each area of responsibility assigned and works with each member to increase knowledge, skills and profession. Assigns them projects to keep them engaged and growing as a professional. Encourages continued education and mentors them. Builds a collaborative team environment where trust, empathy, and respect are core values.
- Represents Direct Radiology at Radiology specific trade shows and conferences, including full marketing plans and target audience/message. Ability to travel for client meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Assess market potentials from a strategic perspective and potential regarding new clients/deals; considering statistics, organizational wide impact, and long term objectives.
- Maintains and prepares the Business Development annual budget; participating in meetings and forecasting for the upcoming year.
- Communicate regularly with all staff regarding organizational wide policy implementation/changes related to DR as a business and services provided to DR clients.
- Reports to the executive team and communicates regularly and formally preparing and delivering information as requested.
- Maintains professional affiliations to enhance professional development. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for radiology practices/services.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Provides vision, leadership, and planning for operations. Contributes to the development and implementation of strategic direction.
- Handles department employee concerns in helpful, objective manner, involving department managers as appropriate.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality regarding all company related financials and business development projects as deemed necessary.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management, Marketing or related field; or equivalent years of direct experience within a director level role within healthcare.
- Master’s Degree or Certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business development and/or executive leadership.
- Ability to use sound judgment in following and applying appropriate laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to recognize and exercise good judgment with the maintenance of confidential, critical and sensitive information, records and reports.
- Communicate professionally, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving skills, organizational skills, negotiation skills and a self-starter with the ability to meet frequent deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with staff.
- Intermediate to advanced skillset in Excel, Adobe, Word, PowerPoint.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.