Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. Are you looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level? As the Director of Business Development, you will lead the development and execution of profitable growth strategies to support and enable the Managed Transportation team. In addition, you will maintain a committed focus on driving growth across multiple geographies and industries while evaluating and implementing sales initiatives to improve win rates. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Partner with the VP of Business Development to execute the annual sales plan, which includes establishing both monthly and annual sales objectives; execute sales plan objectives with all the relevant business units and functional departments of the company
- Build a pipeline and obtain sales growth goals; work to meet expectations of $100MM in Freight Under Management, $3.5MM in net revenue, or $1 million in EBITDA
- Manage customer needs to meet objectives of the company's overall business plans and strategies
- Identify and develop new customers for Managed Transportation products and services
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of current sales, methods, costs and results, using knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies
- Represent and promote XPO at various trade shows, community events and/or business meetings
- Cultivate key customer relationships with expectations to drive growth and new business development at an expected annual rate of $3.5MM in net revenue
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or related field
- 8 years in sales and/or business development within the transportation, supply chain or logistics industry
- Availability to work extended hours as needed, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- 10 years of experience in sales with significant experience in the supply chain, logistics and transportation industry
- Availability to travel frequently
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Strong business focus with confirmed ability to act in partnership with management teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows applications; ability to build complex formulas in Excel and quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
- Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems; produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Familiarity with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]