Fandango- Director, Mobile Engineering
Filmed Entertainment Group
At Fandango, we have a long history of high quality, highly engaging and well-loved mobile applications. We want to continue to nurture those apps, adapting to and leveraging new technologies as consumer mobile device usage and movie going behaviors change.
To make this happen, we are looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering devoted to leading teams in developing high quality mobile applications. This person has the strong technical and managerial skills to manage, mentor and grow multiple teams and applications.
As the Director of Mobile Engineering, your responsibilities would include:
- Working directly with the VPs of Engineering and Product to develop a vision for mobile application development at Fandango
- Developing an execution plan to turn that vision into a reality
- Coordinating the activities of mobile application developers, team leads and other stakeholders to align to and execute against that plan
- Mentorship, training and teaching of your teams with a particular focus on developing your team leads
- Working directly with partners at Apple, Google, Amazon and others
- Promulgating and evangelizing patterns and practices for:
- Continuous improvement of our mobile software development and delivery practices
- Evaluation and introduction of new technologies and development practices
- Testing strategies at multiple levels (unit, functional, integration, regression, etc)
- Modern Mobile CI/CD practices including code quality metrics (test coverage, complexity thresholds, etc.), performance testing and tools, and release processes
• M.S. (min B.S.) in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years of professional engineering experience with progressive complexity and scope
• 4+ years as a Director, Manager, Team Lead, or in a Cross-Functional role
• 4+ years hands on work developing both iOS and Android mobile applications at scale
• 2+ years managing multiple teams and leaders
What you know:
• Expert with one or more primary iOS development languages; Swift 3.0+, Objective C.
• Expert with one or more primary Android development languages; Java or Kotlin.
• Expert with mobile application interface patterns including HIG, Material Design, etc.
• Familiar with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development as well as experience writing unit tests and testable code
• How to develop managers and team leads to grow and scale your team
• Understands Agile software delivery, including Scrum and Kanban
• Experience with a variety of back end service protocols; RESTFul APIs and Microservices, GraphQL, SOAP, etc.
• Expertise in real-time networking, mobile network issues, concurrency and threading
• Experienced with Git including workflows such as GitFlow and GitHubFlow
• Excited to help other engineers succeed
• Passionate about growing future leaders
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Excited to hone your craft
• Can take initiative to solve issues and help engineers get unstuck
• Judicious in balancing standardized and decentralized approaches
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website [...]