Plated is redefining America's dinner experience, and we're looking for a Director of Food Sourcing to be a champion for quality and the customer experience!
Join a mission-driven Operations team where you'll define objectives and performance metrics, implementing a systematic program of measurement and analysis around the factors that affect our sourcing and quality success. This is a high-impact role on the COO's leadership team.
This position case be based in NYC, San Diego, Chicago, Dallas or the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Build and drive the Plated sourcing and quality engine: develop and lead strategies for sourcing and procurement, supplier qualification and selection processes, negotiation, and the fundamentals of Procurement execution.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to support the company’s strategic goal to measurably improve customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Conduct significant analytical and quantitative “deep dives” into supply chain data and customer feedback to help drive improvements across the company.
- Define the future state of business architecture necessary to enable innovation and step change business growth.
- Oversee pipeline, prioritization and execution of New Product Development processes ensuring achievement of margin targets, product availability, and customer experience objectives.
- Support the food safety roadmap and cross-functional food safety team, including development and ongoing rollout of agreed top priorities, to ensure food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Continually identify and develop talent, team capabilities, and growth.
- 15+ years directly relevant business experience with a track record of measurable success in one or more of our top food categories (Protein, Produce, Speciality Foods) plus related materials (packaging, food prep supplies, MRO).
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Business Administration in Business, Supply Chain, or related
- Proven skills managing domestic and international suppliers and supply base with responsibility for $100MM annual spend.
- Passion for and intellectual curiosity to understand customer needs and behavior that drive our business
- Exceptional relationship building skills with strong ability to influence others. Organizational agility and leadership ability to shepherd projects through the organization, across the supply chain.
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data to influence critical business decisions and priorities with proven experience managing against competing goals.
- Willingness to travel to facilitate the collection of primary data throughout the supply chain that affects quality and sourcing.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills required, including ability to develop compelling PowerPoint/Keynote presentations.
More about Plated
There are so many reasons to join Plated! We have one simple belief: In order to live better, you must eat better. We make it possible for consumers to cook fresh, quick and fantastic meals at home. We launched in 2012 and have been blown away by customer response since then. We want to bring even more wonderful people, like you, onto our team to continue redefining the way people think about food.
What's Plated like?
- We are an energetic, creative, and friendly crowd, where you will feel welcome and valued!
- We are using technology to fix the biggest, ugliest market in the world. If you love problem solving in action, there is no better environment for you.
- Our office features an open floor-plan with plenty of comfy collaborative spaces, and is beautifully situated in one of the loveliest Manhattan neighborhoods!
- Everyone has a voice here. You'll be encouraged to contribute ideas freely that you have both in and outside of your immediate team.
- The growth potential for your career here is exceptional! You'll enjoy ideal opportunities for training and promotion to grow with the company.
- Plated is run on integrity. Our company values are not lip service, we incorporate them into everything we do.
What are your rewards, benefits & perks?
- The best part, you'll enjoy a free box of Plated meals weekly plus daily in-office free snacks, test kitchen samples, bi-weekly company events, and even a monthly book club with great food & conversation
- We recognize your value and offer competitive compensation plus stock options, based on level and depth of experience.
- You'll have unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy.
- We offer a variety of insurance options and we contribute to your employee premiums at 80% for medical and 50% of both dental and vision.
- We also provide an annual education stipend for your career development.
- There’s even more to come - we are growing our benefits offerings as we speak!
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Launched in 2012, Plated is the premium meal-kit brand that makes it easy for people who are passionate about food to create amazing, personal dinner experiences. To that end, Plated offers an unparalleled combination of choice, flexibility, convenience, and taste. Plated delivers distinctive [...]