Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
The ideal candidate for this Financial Governance & Control, Director Position will have an ability to create strong relationships and a high credibility-factor among the Value Stream community. This role will be responsible for helping to assess risk across Value Streams and ensure effective internal controls exist to mitigate those risks. Additionally, this role will help drive efficiency within the Controlling function by optimizing controls within the organization. A demonstrated track record of achieving common goals, adding stakeholder value and an ability to create positive energy will be required for building and maintaining trust with our business partners, as we execute our internal control over financial reporting (“ICFR”) transformation. The ideal candidate will have a balance of information technology and business process experience, coupled with an obsession for never compromising anything less than an optimized control suite and exceeding business partner expectations. This role will report to the Senior Director, Financial Governance and Control and lead the team in supporting the strategies of the Value Streams and Business Processes.
Success in this role requires the ability to:
Demonstrate expertise in financial risk and controls
Lead/Drive NIKE’s ICFR program
Assist the functional teams in the successful design, execution, and evolution of the ICFR program
Coordinate best practices and learnings across teams
Instructs/educates stakeholders on ICFR relevant topics
Communicate timely and with relevance: program status, issues, horizon items, etc.
Be a thought leader/trusted advisor through being engaged, being curious, and contributing a point of view
Support issue resolution
Liaison amongst various stakeholders such as: external auditor, controls testers, controls performers, department leaders, etc.
Support other ad hoc projects and initiatives
Think broadly and long-term when leading the deployment of the team’s priority initiatives.
Build mutually beneficial, cross-functional relationships to achieve strategic objectives
Exhibit competencies of influencing business partners, peers and finance leaders.
Demonstrate strong cross-functional business acumen and communication of financial stories
Continuously enhances professional knowledge and stays current with Nike and industry best practices.
Drives effectiveness through continuous optimization and improvement of organizations, processes, and systems.
Effectively applies LEAN or a similar process optimization concept.
Effectively manages organizational and process changes by building and maintaining momentum for change, engaging stakeholders, aligning the organization, training and developing people, and ensuring business readiness and adoption for change.
Unleash the most diverse, inclusive and talented team through effectively exhibiting NIKE’s Lead, Coach Drive and Inspires capabilities.
- The ideal candidate should have ten or more years of business experience, including a blend of internal/external auditing and direct, relevant experience in a combination of one or more of the following areas:
- Extensive experience in financial statement based auditing and/or financial management is required with a combination of Public Accounting (Big 4) and Internal Audit department experience with a Fortune 500 company with multinational operations.
- In depth understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business and information technology processes.
- Extensive understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Other direct non audit experience in other business areas such as Business Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Commercial Business, etc.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to obtain management support for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, PCAOB standards, COSO Internal Control Framework and risk assessment practices.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity managing both people and projects
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s Degree preferred).
- CPA or Information System Certification required.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRCFGC
NIKE, Inc. named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Nike operates in four geographies, North America, Europe, Middle [...]