Director, Digital Solutions & Strategy
Director, Digital Solutions & Strategy
Responsible for the strategy, experience and execution for Cambia’s health plan-focused digital channels for our key stakeholders, including members, employers and brokers. Drives continuous, metrics-backed improvements to websites and mobile apps, with focus on improvements in consumer experience, member satisfaction and member value. Be a change agent in our transformation to a consumer-focused company.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Proven track record setting a vision for a product/solution/company’s digital and mobile properties in the absolute, and as they integrate into the overall business objectives and stakeholder experience. This includes designing and implementing progressive digital and mobile solutions with leading edge experiences, technologies, and processes with an eye towards future technology and behavior changes.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven capability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization structure, with a specific emphasis in teaming with IT to deliver rapid results. Experience working in an Agile development environment; experience with AWS and micro-services a plus.
- Experience managing a dynamic design team: understanding how to simplify the complicated, leverage data-driven personalization, creating relevant and engaging experiences. Experience working with a Human Centered Design process a plus.
- Experience planning the execution and delivery of web and mobile based products and content for multiple consumer and B2B stakeholders.
- Talented consensus builder able to influence across organizational teams to create alignment and resolve prioritization conflicts.
- Proven leadership skills in an environment that is undergoing transformation; leading through change; strong experience building motivating, growing and managing high-performing teams with a broad range of skill sets and personality types.
- Retail/eCommerce experience that demonstrates ability to operate in unstable and changing
- Comfortable with enterprise architecture principles and able to construct stable and extensible digita execution strategies that integrate with the architecture in the most streamlined / effective way.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to interact with variety of customers and stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of general principles of finance, budget, project management, system development lifecycle.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Director of Digital Solutions would have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and 10 years of experience in leading digital teams or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Develops and executes digital strategies that align with the objectives and priorities of Sales, Product, Corporate Communications, and the Brand and Engagement teams.
- Drives meaningful integration of online and mobile experiences with the rest of the consumer/customer journey.
- Leads the definition of new consumer experiences through research and analysis, drives functional requirement definition to meet these needs, and coordinates their delivery with high quality results.
- Leads multi-discipline, high-performance work teams distributed across remote locations effectively.
- Business owner of IT, agency, and vendor relationships that support the delivery of digital capabilities.
- Develops resourcing plans and budgets, manages the timing and execution of projects, and forecasts resource capacity.
- As Director of Digital Solutions, brings knowledge of leading-edge technology evolution, omni-channel innovations, and changing consumer behavior to the rest of the Cambia organization for consideration.
- Develops and expands the capabilities of a services-driven digital platform that leverages data and AI to deliver personalized, relevant experiences.
- Evaluates business requirements and makes build / buy decisions based on organizational competencies and system architecture.
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]