Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Director of Contracts and New Business, you will draft, negotiate and manage a variety of complex commercial contracts to support the business needs for the fastest-growing company on the Fortune 500 list. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide counsel, guidance and interpretation during all stages of the contract life cycle
- Review Requests for Proposal (RFPs), interpret client requirements, identify issues and provide alternative solutions
- Participate in the pricing review discussions, communicate with senior management regarding timelines and deliverables, and serve as the primary contact during contract negotiations
- Interface, collaborate and communicate effectively with internal team members in Sales, Solutions, Operations, Finance and Information Technology at all levels of the organization
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Juris Doctor degree
- 8 years of experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience negotiating, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with supply chain, warehouse or transportation services
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]