Purpose of JobLeads a team of Business Strategy Analysts who use quantitative and qualitative analytics to provide thought leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy
- Responsible for employee selection, development, performance evaluation, coaching, corrective action, and all other manager-related administrative functions. Directs work assignments and provides guidance and training while adhering to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and oversees analytic direction for the business unit to enable proactive and sustained information-based learning on industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends.
- Leads discussions to provide input into strategy development with General Managers, Product Owners, Experience Owners and other key partners based on learning from analyses and strategy management work.
- Oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy, and the development of the analytical framework and blue print to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product or member experience.
- Oversees and partners with key teams to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels and Member Experience.
- Uses expert analytical rigor and best practices to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Impeccably communicates the significance of the strategic insights to senior leaders and key stakeholders. Effectively influences and drives strategic agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR Master’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading complex data analysis
- Demonstrated experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Reporting and segmentation skills
- Business planning experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to systematically coordinate and align resources and actions to strategic goals and initiatives
- Are you able to provide performance updates and recommendation, on the plan, to decision makers
- Powerpoint, Excel and Tableau
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.