Yext is looking for a Director, Agency Development to collaborate with agency executives and serve as their point-person within Yext. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the country’s top media agencies and manage strong relationships with agency influencers and decision-makers. In this role you will identify sales and business-development opportunities and collaborate with direct sellers on the team to exchange knowledge regarding client needs in specific industry sectors, leading to growth. Your track record proves your approach to sales is disciplined and consultative, and that you have a unique ability to navigate your way through even the most complex media agencies to drive deep relationships, mindshare and opportunities for Yext.
This will be an individual contributor role, working from New York or Chicago. Your initial training will take place in New York, NY.
- Collaborate and consult with major agencies with the goal of expanding relationships to increase and optimize the investment of the agencies' clients
- Drive towards selling directly to the senior executive and final decision maker with agency buying chain
- Establish in-person relationships by conducting a high volume of face-to-face client and agency meetings
- Analyze data trends and agencies' client performance, develop solid strategic business plans, and prepare and conduct strategic pitches and presentations
- Promote and assist with the development of new revenue initiatives for Yext
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with agencies and to serve as an evangelist at events and conferences
- Champion new product releases, internally and externally
- Act as a partner to the agencies to support their customers' success in their Yext product investments
- Responsible for net new business and renewals
- Develop creative ways to engage and evangelize Yext products and offerings across multiple practices, offices and overlay teams
- Collaborate with peers globally on major holding company agency engagement strategies
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 7+ years digital experience or technology sales, consulting or media specific industry
- Experience in a fast-paced media agency environment
- Established relationships and presence within the media marketplace
- Understanding of digital ecosystem landscape and relationships
- Experience in bringing innovative / market defining products to market
- A track record of success in selling business applications and complex solutions
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM
- SaaS, Local, Display and/or Search market experience
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions [...]