Job TitleDevOps Engineer - Programmer
Be a part of the DevOps vision to enable the continuous cycle of planning, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring of rapid and frequent medical software releases. Our industry leading products push the cutting edge of clinical and hospital information technology in the patient monitoring field. If you are an engineer interested in joining a world-class team developing innovative medical products using advanced technology that helps to improve and save lives every day then this is an ideal opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Develop software for Development Operations and customer deployment
- Develop and implement new methods of manufacturing including the use of automation
- Develop and execute process test activities that meet our Quality Management System
- Design manufacturing processes with a focus on quality and rapid deployment with the ability to meet customers’ needs
- Write clear specifications and documentation for the software and processes
- Troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution
- Continuously improve the process and deployment strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Programming experience taking projects through from beginning to end
- C# and .NET development expertise is an advantage
- Experience with C#, Powershell, Python preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, addressing problems proactively
- Self-motivated, innovative, and a fast learner with a mindset open to explore new ways of working
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to deliver results under time pressure
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer and quality focused and determined to achieve goals
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.