The IBM Central Scientific Services Microfabrication team at the Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown, NY is looking for a development process engineer. The Microfabrication lab provides a dynamic environment and has the mission of providing innovative solutions to leading edge projects within the Research Division, as well as IBM Development and Manufacturing. This engineer will interact with, and contribute to, technical teams covering a wide spectrum of research and semiconductor technology projects. Responsibilities will include processing leadership in delivering solutions requiring project management, semiconductor integration, materials development, and development of new fabrication processes. We have significant hands on processing capability in our labs including photolithography, vacuum etch and deposition systems, plating and wet processes. Applicant will be expected to learn and effectively utilize these systems to deliver materials and process solutions. Currently the Microfabrication Team is working with research and development teams in nanotechnology, advanced semiconductor packaging, photovoltaics, quantum computing, and advanced wafer testing.
Applicants for this position must be highly motivated, innovative and possess excellent team skills with the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment. Candidates must have significant technical experience in microfabrication technology, semiconductor processing tool design and maintenance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 yrs R&D and manufacturing experience
- Degree in engineering, chemistry, physics, material science or equivalent experience
- Experience in clean room techniques
- Vacuum technology skills
- Processing tool ownership including maintenance experience
- Thin film measurement equipment
- Semiconductor metrology techniques
Semiconductor processing development experience in the following areas:
- Photolithography - coat, expose, develop
- Thin film deposition processes including magnetron and evaporation
- Wet processing including etching and cleaning
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Known track record in lithography development of new processes.
- Experience in Process Tool specification and design, especially lithography tools
- Experience with wafer singulation.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]