DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, PLAYER EXPERIENCE - EAX
Want to work with a strategically-positioned transformational organization, experimenting in new business models and delivering new disruptive services to drive player engagement? Do you thrive in a constantly changing environment which challenges you to grow and learn?
Our highly talented team works closely with multiple game teams across many genres and platforms. Together, we develop compelling game experiences including content discovery, commerce, game delivery, subscription services and more.
As a Development Manager within EAX you will be tasked with delivering on 3 core principals
Communication: provide clear and transparent information sharing catering to the different requirements of your stakeholders and team
Collaboration: bridge between different viewpoints and facilitate your team’s capability to work at their fullest potential
Commitment: ensure the team and its stakeholders always understand what it will take to deliver on their commitments and prioritize their resources accordingly
Challenges you will contribute to solving:
Cross Functional Team Execution: You are a dynamic problem solver, collaborator, and communicator who will partner with multiple functional organizations in driving challenging inter-disciplinary and cross-team initiatives.
Relationship Building: You have experience working closely with a wide range of skill sets across engineering, design, and product management, and have an immediate ability to build credibility with established teams.
Continuous Improvement: You are driven by a passion for process definition, finding new efficiencies, coordinating complex initiatives across disciplines, and are comfortable working within a large organization with many different groups and services that require regular attention.
What you’ll need to bring to the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Growth Mindset
- Act as the bridge between disparate viewpoints and organizational boundaries to achieve consensus
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions
- Collaborate with multiple teams to develop and plan schedules based on project goals
- Determine dependencies and priorities
- Be accountable for the committed deadlines & budgets
- Communicate project plan and progress to team and customers
- Liaise with internal and external groups on project issues
- Apply standardized methodology agreed with all partners and enforce it with teams
Skills and Experience you bring the team:
- 3+ years experience working within technology industries
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Experience in online services or gaming industry highly desirable
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.