Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Demand Planner will provide timely and accurate forecasts by item for warehouse(s) on a weekly and monthly basis for other departments. They will ensure the correct use of statistical models and life cycle maintenance, and provide accurate input for the forecast consensus process in terms of Marketing and Trade Events intelligence working with the Sales and Marketing teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assignment of statistical models by customer group/brand, analysis and adjustment of long term base forecast models.
- Development of forecasts for new product rollouts, line extensions and test markets, including development of like models, phase-in and phase-out profiles, utilizing SAP based APO Demand Planning system (knowledge of APO system a plus).
- Develop and analyze short term forecast and promotional volume in APO (Demand Planning Tool).
- Analyze and enter key customer deals and communication with Sales, Distribution Centers and Operations relative to changes in deals.
- Manage customer level new product authorization and discontinuations.
- Maintain scorecard data to monitor and optimize forecast performance on an on-going basis.
- Develop process improvements.
- Analyze the forecast vs. actual, by deal, UPC and major customer through report development, preparation and review.
- Responsible for the short term forecast by brand and major accounts.
- Manage new launches from a demand planning perspective and give proactive feedback to the Demand Planning team and to the Brand and Sales team as well.
- Active participation and input on the consensus forecast process, responsible for base forecast and Lift impact together with Marketing and Sales teams.
- Develop projects to improve the Demand Planning organization and efficiency.
Professional Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance or Engineering.
- 4+ years of Demand Planning experience or relevant work experience.
- Expertise in Demand Planning statistical software.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Superior MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and query software (Business Objects).
- Ability to communicate technical and analytical concepts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work both on short term and long term planning.
- Experience in work with cross functional teams.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- APO (Advanced Planning & Optimizer) SAP application experience preferred.
- Experience in CPG industry with a specific emphasis on Planning or Supply Chain Functions preferred.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. Danone North America was formed as a Public Benefit Corporation in 2017 to nourish people, communities and the world through its [...]