USA - Washington - Bellevue
Expedia, the world leader in online travel, is looking for a Data Scientist to join the eCommerce Platform Risk and Security team (ERS). The Data Scientists in this team create and deploy sophisticated machine learning models that power a vast range of applications related to fighting fraud, mitigating risk, and securing our electronic assets. Examples of applications they work on include identifying credit card fraud in online transactions, user behavior analysis to detect suspicious login behavior and data transfers, automatically finding data inconsistencies, and optimization of transaction queues. Building on strong competencies in Statistics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing and so on, they work closely with business units and internal partners to understand issues and implement industry-leading solutions. ERS Data Scientists continually perform deep dives into the data to uncover new patterns and business opportunities, and take the lead to move new ideas from inception to production.
- Develop, validate, and maintain data mining tools, algorithms, and other capabilities to solve problems in fraud and security
- Collaborate with other statisticians and data scientists to formulate innovative solutions to experiment with and implement advanced modeling techniques
- Analyze data covering a wide range of information from customer profile to transaction history
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Collaborate with engineers and testers
- Requires a Master's of Science degree or a Ph.D. degree (preferred) in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Minimum two years of industry experience in developing machine learning models and deployment in production
- Professional experience in fraud and/or security modeling preferred
- Strong coding skills in R, Python, SQL and Java
- Expertise in using TensorFlow, XGBoost, MXNet, and Apache Spark
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We share your passion for travel. And, like any good traveler, we’re fueled by curiosity and a desire to find a better way to get where we are going. Our teams are emboldened by a "Test & Learn" culture that encourages learning from all outcomes, not simply rewarding the positive ones. We combine [...]