Data Reporting Associate
Data Reporting Associate
The Data Reporting Associate will serve as a data and analytic consultant for functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data. Presents findings on any trends and assists business leaders with forecasting in support of evidence-based decision making. The Data Reporting Associate will partner with the business to analyze how business intelligence solutions can create process efficiencies and deliver actionable insights to improve customer experiences. Drive to deliver sustainable, impactful data and reporting elements while building strong business partnerships to further analytics, efficiency gains, and strategic initiatives.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Education and/or experience with data concepts, structures and architecture.
- Demonstrates a high level of accountability (on commitments). Recognizes and escalates risks appropriately.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, managing deliverable timelines.
- Possessing the ability to think creatively and demonstrate analytical skills, analyzing complex situations both alone and as part of a team, learning quickly and synthesizing solutions, options and action plans.
- Displays emotional intelligence in interactions including the ability to listen effectively and respond appropriately (or empathetically) to the needs of the customer.
- Reacts constructively to criticism and strives for continuous improvement.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
- Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
- Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
- Performs acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
- Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
- Drives analytic innovation and best practices within Cambia.
- Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
- Beginning to take responsibility for ad hoc query work, research items and sustainment. Takes on portions of projects and beginning to own small projects.
- Developing knowledge of and the ability to analyze data from most commonly used data systems.
- Seeks to understand purpose behind requests and develop business knowledge in assigned areas.
- Developing skill at summarizing & providing appropriate content and level of detail for the audience (technical or non).
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]