Data Reporting Analyst Associate
Data Reporting Analyst Associate
The Data Reporting Analyst Associate will serve as a data and analytic consultant for functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data, present findings on any trends and assists business leaders with forecasting in support of evidence based decision making.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
- Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
- Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
- Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
- Performs acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
- Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
- Drives analytic innovation and best practices within Cambia.
- Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
- The Data Reporting Analyst Associate would have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to document business requirements.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of health plan operations, data sources, data structures within business area.
- Knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP) including server reporting services (SPSS, Minitab, Tableau).
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal)
- Proven ability to design and develop reporting tools and dashboards.
- Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes.
The job posting will close on end of day on Monday, 7/22/2019.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]