This role is part of our Core Team within the Samsung NEXT organization.
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Data Science at Samsung NEXT has a broad mission to drive product innovation through data insights, predictive models, and data-driven features. We are looking for an experienced Data Science generalist who is excited by a wide variety of problems, from recommendation systems in food tech, to experimentation in two-sided marketplaces, to modeling customer behavior with sparse signals, and whatever else might come our way. You should be equally comfortable with a dataset that fits into memory on your laptop and one that spans terabytes and lives in the cloud. As the first Data Scientist on the Core Team, you will evangelize data-driven decision making across all of our product teams. We are a small team that values moving quickly, innovating everywhere, having an outsize impact. If that sounds like fun, we want you to join us!
- Work across a diverse set of product teams and data sets to drive actionable insights.
- Build machine learning models across a wide array of problem domains to drive new features, discover new insights, and optimize the customer experience.
- Perform deep-dive ad hoc analyses to answer high-value business questions and communicate your insights across the team.
- Research new tools and techniques while adapting them to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Actively drive best practices in experimentation, statistical methods, and machine learning across the organization.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience building predictive models. We love PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, and scikit-learn. And we keep an open mind.
- 3+ years experience programming in C++, Python, Scala, R, or Julia.
- 3+ years experience in SQL including writing efficient queries on very large data sets.
- Deep understanding of statistics, inference, and machine learning.
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding abilities to tell stories with data.
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment and balance urgent short-term projects with a long-term roadmap.
- Experience putting machine learning models in production.
- Experience deploying deep learning models on mobile phones.
- Experience solving computer vision problems using deep learning.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.