The Data Center Operations Manager is a leadership role for our compute operations teams within Silicon Valley Labs. They will have managerial responsibility for safety, security, availability, scaling, costs and efficiency for the entire lab. They lead the team that is installing, maintaining, and de-commissioning network and server equipment in a safe, secure and cost-effective manner across the site. The Data Center Operations Manager must manage across each function but also have the ability to dive deep into any given function and trouble shoot issues as needed.
The candidate will have a strong understanding of network and compute architecture and have experience managing repair requests in a high-volume environment, as well as managing response to high severity events. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive continuous improvement and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years of experience in Data Center Operations
- 1+ years of data driven experience to demonstrates initiative and proactively seeking solutions to problems
- 3+ years of experience working and understanding of network and computer architecture including maintenance and repair.
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with Linux (or Unix) and Windows systems administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3+ years if cumulative experience with information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, cabling best practices and IT service delivery principles and best practices
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ years of Web server experience (Apache, Tomcat)
- 1+ years of programing language (PHP, Python, etc)
- 1+ years of functional knowledge of Data Center mechanical, electrical, and controls systems
- A strong understanding of critical Electrical & HVAC systems is desired.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]