Ultimate Software is looking for a Data Architect. As a Data Architect you will be responsible for building data solutions for the organization. In this role you will work with teams to understand the needs of the database, the data that is available, and will craft a blueprint for building, testing and maintaining that database. The Data Architect works with the database administrators and data analyst and software engineers to ensure they can easily access and use data. You will also work closely with management and other Architectural disciplines to build databases that will sustainably store the information required, craft security and operational plans and measures, maintain database integrity and plan for disaster recovery, scaling, performance and other high availability characteristics.
To ensure success as a Data Architect, you should know how to examine new or existing data system requirements and implement process changes, operational and performance improvements. If you have proven and validated experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities this could be the role for you.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Recommend, design and guide the implementation and ownership of data solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Evaluate and own the risk/reward of a given approach or solution.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating data center/cloud operations, client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to align with internal and external regulations.
- Lead the install and organizing of data systems for simplicity while guaranteeing recoverability, reliability, functionality etc.
- Working with BI and other teams, prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Catalyst in the design and implementation of processes that migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, solving and integrating new features.
- Educate teams through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data mining, high performance, high availability and database operations and recovery.
- Ability to understand system functionality, processes, and architecture at a technical and business level
- Have a broad range of knowledge across ETL, SQL and other emerging data technologies
- Experience with operations and integrations in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Extraordinary problem solver.
- Good written and interpersonal skills.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management. Equivalent experience related to the requirements above also considered.
Travel Requirements: 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.