You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive work environment — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) Incentives Services team is working to improve planning, payment and commission module for Sellers and Sales Partners. Our work is all about enabling IBMs strategy by giving IBMers the modern tools they need to do their work, be responsive to our Clients, and to act with speed and agility. Our organization plays a key role in IBM’s ability to turn vision into reality by making our application hosting environments simpler, more intuitive and more effective for our developers.
Who you are:
As a Cognos BI Developer you will apply your deep expertise in designing, development, code fix and testing the Cognos applications. Should be comfortable in an agile environment. You should have demonstrated development support skills and have the ability to take charge of distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you’ll do:
As a Cognos -Application Developer you are involved in ;
- Develop the application based on the business requirement
- Ensure unit testing is done properly
- Collaborate with Data team to make sure the data is available before the development start
- Address the production defects on time
- Business Requirements is understood and analyzed by having frequent interaction with various user levels to understand their requirements
- Involve in mapping of clients business requirements to the applications to come out with a clear cut picture of out of box functionalities, workarounds and customizations
- Build Low level design documentation from the High level requirement from the business team
- Build Unit test case
- Design and development of Cognos processes using Business Intelligence against variety data sources
- Handling Technical issues, Involve in Code reviews, mentoring the team members
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 3+ years of experience in an application development/maintenance environment is a must
- Hands on Experience in report development using Cognos 11 version
- Ability to use various functionalities in Cognos BI, example; Different Prompts, Conditional Blocks, Conditional Variables, Report Layouts, Layout component references, macros, Parameters etc.
- Capable of scheduling the reports by setting the properties.
- Proficiency in designing models in Cognos Framework Manager.
- Writing complex SQL in DB2 database
- Well versed with Data warehouse concepts
- Knowledge on Conceptual, Logical & Physical model concepts
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Should perform both Development & Support of Cognos BI reporting.
- Skill on Agile methodology work-process.
- Knowledge on Sales domain will be an advantage
- Able to work independently
- Willing to learn new technologies for driving the project
- Proven Soft Skills is recommended
Ability to communicate with both Technical Team & Internal Stakeholders
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]