Job TitleCustomer Service Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform all accountabilities of Customer Service Representative, including sales team and support functions. By building relationships with customers, you will identify and meet/exceed their current needs, while anticipating their future needs.
You are responsible for
- Responding to a high volume of inbound customer inquiries, complaints and order requests via telephone calls, email and fax correspondence; facilitate problem resolution, provide information on our products and services, and demonstrate our commitment to customer service by following up on calls and ensuring superior results.
- Responding to customer requests and questions regarding diagnostic products, services and account information, while analyzing and rectifying customer concerns using established procedures.
- Coordinating with manufacturing, distribution and remote services to ensure order fulfillment.
- Identifying, researching and solving non-standard problems through a solid understanding of our business products, processes and procedures.
- Displaying a commitment to quality by following required procedures and practices, taking all appropriate measures to ensure quality and searching for opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrating the ability to follow simple and complex work instructions, to actively listen to directions and to perform tasks with little additional follow-up or direction.
- Examining trends and initiate improvements in order and inquiry satisfaction.
- Working as a team member to satisfy all customer needs, improve call center performance and achieve department goals
You are a part of
The Customer Service Team for the Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree (REQUIRED) in a business discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Service environment (REQUIRED).
- Experience managing customer issue resolution via phone.
- Proven ability to solve non-routine product, pricing and shipping issues as they relate to current products and customers.
- Experience working within an ERP or Order Management System (REQUIRED - SAP strongly desired)
- Physical Requirements; this position is primarily sedentary and requires fine manipulation and simple grasping to utilize a computer, telephone, fax and other standard office equipment. May occasionally lift and transport items up to 25 lbs.
- Strong communication skills via phone and e-mail.
- Occasional travel may be required for training and meeting purposes.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to gain cross-functional knowledge within Philips, while driving towards continuous improvement. As well, this position will recognize and encourage professional growth.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.