Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE - ORDER PLACEMENT
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
Respironics, a member of Philips Healthcare, is the leading provider of innovative solutions for the global sleep and respiratory markets. The Company’s success spans more than three decades and can be traced to a history deeply rooted in ingenuity and a passion to deliver solutions to those in need. This tradition of innovation, combined with an ability to anticipate market needs, is fundamental to the Company. It has made Respironics a name acknowledged worldwide as a pace-setter in the sleep and respiratory markets.
Hours - 11:30am - 8pm
You are responsible for
- Respond to a high volume of inbound customer inquiries, complaints and order requests via telephone calls, email, and fax correspondence; facilitate problem resolution; provide information on our products and services; and demonstrate our commitment to customer service by following up on calls and ensuring superior results.
- Respond to customer requests and questions regarding service, products and account information. Analyze and rectify customer concerns using established procedures.
- Identify, research, and solve non-standard problems through a solid understanding of our business products, processes and procedures.
- Display a commitment to quality by following required procedures and practices; take all appropriate measures to ensure quality; search for opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow simple and complex work instructions, to actively listen to directions and to perform tasks with little additional follow-up or direction.
Work as a team member to satisfy all customer needs, improve call center performance and achieve department goals.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience The ability to perform all accountabilities of Customer Service Representative
- A commitment to building the relationship with customers required to identify and meet/exceed their current needs; and anticipating their future needs.
- Personal accountability for one’s own actions in all situations; holds self to high standard.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a highly competitive environment by conveying information in a business like format, sharing information in an articulate manner and clarifying information to ensure understanding; must be able to multi task and possess good communication skills operating in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- This position calls for a team player with the demonstrated ability to work with others; must also work independently with minimal supervision.
GROWTH: The successful candidate will:
- Define with their manager goals for personal and professional development.
- Take accountability to execute their personal development plan to grow within current role and to prepare for future roles.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years’ experience in a Customer Service environment or related experience, required. Direct customer service experience within an International capacity preferred but not required. Telephone skills and customer problem resolution experience. Proven ability to solve non-routine product, pricing and shipping issues as they relate to current products and customers highly desired. SAP experience strongly desired. Ability to communicate in French in a written and verbal capacity is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: This position is primarily sedentary. It requires fine manipulation and simple grasping to utilize a computer, telephone, fax and other standard office equipment. May occasionally lift and transport items up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel may be required for training and meeting purposes. Candidate must be proficient with basic computer skills along with Microsoft Office software programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.