Job TitleCustomer Quality Improvement Team Leader
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead a team of Customer Quality Engineers that lead and support initiatives that generate Customer Quality Improvements across the North America Markets organization. This role is a key contributor to the ongoing development and effectiveness of the Quality Planning process and will facilitate the use of data driven insights to provide, analyze and action key quality information to reduce risk and drive enhanced customer satisfaction.
You are responsible for
- Train and coach teams in continuous improvement techniques including PRIDE problem solving and Daily Management.
- Manages high impact Quality Improvement Projects and Initiatives and drives the improved use of the CAPA process
- Develops and delivers training materials, job aids and resources (such as sharepoints, etc) to aid functional teams with their understanding of Quality and CAPA.
- Identifies and action improvements of current processes with a focus on Lean techniques and simplification.
- Is an expert in the identification and application of Error Proofing methodologies and coaches teams on how to identify eliminative fixes to quality problems.
- Use a data driven approach to scope quality improvement projects and to identify opportunities for proactive improvements.
- Standardize, promote and share best practices across the Markets and functions.
- Apply strong project management skills and techniques to ensure oversight of Quality Improvement Projects and CAPAs ensuring effective corrective actions are taken without undue delay and project teams remain focused and on track.
- Be an ambassador for Quality, showcasing improvements and inspiring others.
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 8 years related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the Medical Devices industry
- Experience and applied knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and Lean methodologies
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt, working knowledge of DFSS, a Lean Leader qualification is advantageous
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in developing and delivering training
- Demonstrated track record in leading CI projects and improvement initiatives
- The ability to continually adapt to a changing regulated environment and provide direction and guidance to best practices
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements including ISO 14971, ISO 13485, and FDA Quality System Regulations
- Experience in people leadership and people development
- Previous experience in CAPA, Supplier CAPA, Non-conformance management and/or Customer Complaints required
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in presenting to all levels in the organization
- Proven stakeholder management across multiple disciplines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with project teams in a dynamic environment and interact effectively at all levels and across all functions within the organization
- Ability to manage & motivate teams in a complex matrix environment
- Proven people leadership skills with experience in developing high performing teams
- Demonstration of strong stakeholder management and ability to influence and coach others.
- The ability to communicate technical, regulatory and business issues in a clear (and when necessary, in a non-technical) way to help others understand findings, root causes of problems and rationale for decisions.
- Action orientated with an energetic passion for creative problem solving and identification of robust corrective actions whilst maintaining compliance.
- Has the enthusiasm and patience required to develop others.
- Recognizes the need for quick action and ensures responsiveness of the team.
- Provides accurate timelines as needed to all appropriate stakeholders.
Communicates a full understanding of the implications that Quality actions have on other functions, and the impact it has on individuals in those functions.
- Creates communication channels to relevant stakeholders to share information and acts an as escalation point when needed.
- Has the ability to persuade others to support Quality requirements and decisions.
Is able to formulate the right Quality Decisions using a data driven and risk based approach.
Is able to identify and weigh the pros and cons of a decision and make a timely proposal after thorough analysis, even if there are still ambiguities.
- Gains understanding through active listening and asking questions to further their knowledge
Acts consistently and professionally
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.