Tala is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to help us develop and improve our product offering and experience for regional markets. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data and customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
As the Customer Experience Project Manager, you will work with the global Customer Experience team, located in each of Tala’s markets and report to Manager of Global Operations. The role focus is to implement new tools and processes, enhance our customer engagement strategies globally, and ensure that Tala is engaged in best in class customer support. A successful candidate would be someone with stellar project management skills who can ensure that projects are well scoped with clear goals, and implemented smoothly and on time. Someone who can create well defined business cases to advocate for new tools or processes, and an improvement oriented mindset to optimize business processes and reporting. This role is responsible for improving our current product to reduce customer friction and increasing the effectiveness of the in-country teams to provide excellent support to our customers.
- Excellent Project Manager who is skilled at everything from due diligence, implementation and post launch data analysis for new tools, processes and initiatives
- Work with CX leadership on optimizing reporting and tools and determine best practices or opportunities for improvement
- Analyze effectiveness of current strategies; identify opportunities for improvement
- Report regularly on KPIs at all levels within the organization for transparency and data informed decision making
- Source, chart and analyze data to support company goals
- Research, identify, quantify and define the root cause of issues, and product friction points.
- Advocate for the customer by translating localized needs or trends into actionable insights for partner teams in marketing, credit, and product with the aim of reducing the number of customers who churn or fall into collections and improving our product offering
- Create and manage regular metrics reporting for customer experience
- Support in-country management in experiments, new process and tool implementation
- Maintain accurate documentation for all tools
- Support scrum master for department and team level sprint metrics and achievements
- 5+ years experience in customer support, product development, project management and/or content marketing
- 5+ years experience in consumer finance or microfinance or fintech or consulting
- Ability and experience motivating teams, both indirectly and directly, ideal to have experience with international teams
- Attention to detail, with a research oriented mindset to optimize business processes and reporting
- Experience and proven success in Project Management
- Excellent communication, presentation and building a business case skills
- Proven ability to deploy set standards, procedures and policies with remote teams
- Analytical, with a data-informed approach to management and decision making
- Willingness to travel internationally without restriction anywhere from 10-40% of the time
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (Know Your Customer, financial compliance, etc.)
- Experience working with tools like Zendesk, Looker, Amplitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility, positivity and creative thinking
- Experience working in Agile
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]