Customer Account Manager – Corrections
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more. This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Reports To: General Manager, Corrections
This position will be responsible for existing customer support, small quotes, identifying sales leads and creating market awareness of Stanley’s Correctional product offerings. The Customer Account Manager will be tasked with contacting architects, security consults, and end users to provide education and demonstrations of Stanley’s products. The Customer Account Manager will work closely with General Manager and the Sales Engineering team to generate new business activity and maintain current customer relationships. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and prioritizing multiple projects at the same time.
This position will work closely with Sales Engineers, Management, Architects, and General Contractors.
- Identifies new opportunities by contacting potential business partners
- Communicate market conditions and potential new products to management
- Keep existing customer database up to date with contact information
- Manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous work projects
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of sales activity
- Assist in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working with national sales teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills or experience using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in obtaining solutions
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast paced environment
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.