Creative Services Writer II
Creative Services Writer II
Can you create copy that inspires consumer engagement and loyalty? Are you a teller of stories who also revels in the tiniest details? Do you have the ability to turn complex information into plain language? As a Writer II at Cambia, you’ll focus on copywriting, message development, proofreading and editing for social and integrated digital communications, along with more technical product collateral.
Work in conjunction with marketing strategists, the consumer engagement marketing and brand teams plus other key stakeholders, managing some projects while working with Lead Writer and/or Sr. Writer’s direction on others. You’ll collaborate with editorial and design colleagues in the Cambia Creative Studio to create thoughtful omni-channel communications and product collateral that make health and benefits information easier to understand. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and conceptual writer who can simplify complex content and give it a conversational voice.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES OR LINK TO AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO.
- Exceptional consumer-focused marketing writing and proofreading skills.
- Experience conducting research and interviews.
- Ability to turn complex subject matter into easy-to-understand language.
- Knowledge of best practices for digital, consumer-focused copywriting.
- Strong attention to detail and thorough knowledge of AP style, grammar and usage rules.
- Proactive and enthusiastic communicator with a positive outlook.
- Ability to develop working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Team player with excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and take creative direction from senior team members.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines for creative-driven work.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view.
- Superior ability to write compelling content that effectively targets the intended audience.
- Skills and ability to motivate and inspire clients, co-workers and peers.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Four-year degree in Communications, English, Journalism and/or related field, 5+ years of professional copywriting experience (specifically for consumer-facing digital channels and corporate marketing programs), as a creative marketing writer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Health insurance knowledge and agency experience a plus.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]