Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Track, analyze, and assess risks of other organizations participating in financing, underwriting or insuring assets in which the company has invested. Assess and approve credit limits for investment or insurance by counterparties. Analyze and evaluate current and potential credit exposure for counterparties that are related because of similar industry, geographic, or economic characteristics. Recommend or implement credit enhancement provisions if counterparty credit is downgraded. Apply and evaluate credit management models developed by analytics group.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess funding, business practices, geographical distribution of business, client data and other pertinent information about bank, originator, insurance company, or other entity engaged in sharing financing or underwriting with the corporation.
- Thoroughly understand and mitigate transaction risks through detailed analyses of Lenders' files, consultation with Lenders, and onsite due diligence. Recommend sound loan structuring techniques that mitigate risk for lender and for organization.
- Perform test work of various lender functions including custodial accounting, investor reporting, default management, and overall servicing of loans for the organization.
- Analyze production, lending, servicing, insurance, or underwriting data as it comes in from related company(s) and determine if activities are within agreed to parameters. Make recommendations for measures that could be taken to correct deficiencies.
- Conduct due diligence on potential new relationships or business with counterparties - develop recommendations memo to appropriate business unit Credit Committee(s)
- May participate in project concerned with developing new procedures, new analytical methods, or enhancements of proprietary systems used to analyze related lenders' business practices and production.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience in analyzing the credit profile of companies with emphasis on the commercial bank, mortgage bank and finance sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to research, write and present complex financial materials in a concise and coherent manner.
- Strong knowledge of the commercial banking, multifamily finance, broker dealer and/or residential mortgage/housing related sectors.
- Working knowledge of capital markets (fixed income) products, and/or mortgage products.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Good quantitative and financial modeling skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55562
In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Working at the heart of [...]