IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era.
Let's Put Smart to Work. Discover what IBM can do for you
The Contract Closeout Financial Analyst performs review and close out of contracts and subcontracts held by IBM Public Sector Division 16 and ensures close out documentation submitted to the customer is in compliance with DCMA/DCAA, FAR, IBM and all contractual terms and conditions. Responsibilities include review of all contractual and financial documentation associated with the performance of the contract, including review of actual contracts and modifications, invoices, supporting information such as time and expense reports, purchase orders, and procurement documents.
The Contract Closeout Analyst generates reports from the accounting system and prepares a closeout package for each close out. The information is compared against contractual documentation and any discrepancies are researched and documented. The Contract Closeout Analyst interacts with other functional departments, such as IBM Contracts, Procurement, Financial Analysts, and Collections in order to complete the overall contract closeout. Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust quickly to emerging priorities on short notice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Very proficient in Excel
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Reviewing contractual and financial documentation associated with the performance of the contract, including review of actual contracts and modifications, invoices, supporting information such as time and expense reports, purchase orders, and procurement documents.
- Generating reports from the accounting system and preparing a closeout package for each close out. The information is compared against contractual documentation and any discrepancies are researched and documented
- interacting with other functional departments, such as IBM Contracts, Procurement, Financial Analysts, and Collections in order to complete the overall contract closeout.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and adjust quickly to emerging priorities on short notice.
- Ability to learn additional software
- Ability to learn and apply job costing principles used on government contracts
- Thorough and detail oriented
Relocation to the Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near LaVale, MD/Keyser, WV) and United States Citizenship are requirements.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Mentorship. 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, mentorship and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be critical to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in you, our workforce, through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding your dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career dreams
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 Years experience in working in an advanced levels of Microsoft Excel
- At least 2 Years experience in writing technical documents
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 3 years experience in working in an advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- At least 3 years experience in writing technical documents
- Accounting, Finance or related coursework/work experience preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]