Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
Personal Capital is a Silicon Valley financial technology (“fintech”) firm that is designing and building the future of financial services, a multi-trillion dollar market opportunity. Our mission is to create better financial lives through technology and people. Privately owned, the company has raised $200 million in financing, has over 300 employees, and is growing with 1.5 million users tracking $400 billion in assets. The company provides digital wealth management for its clients and has $5.5 billion in assets under management.
“Content is King” – Bill Gates
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will be a critical member of Personal Capital’s Marketing Team. You will support our content marketing and distribution programs by planning, writing, editing, and measuring the effectiveness of content across multiple marketing channels. You are strategic, proactive, a great communicator and writer, and a creative marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, get-things-done environment. Joining a rapidly expanding marketing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of marketing and have the room to explore and grow into new roles with Personal Capital.
Location: This position is based in San Francisco and/or San Carlos.
- Content creation: Work with internal and external resources (freelance writers, financial advisors, design/brand team, SEO agency, compliance, and PR agency) to write and edit various content forms, including (but not limited to) blog posts, long-form guides/white papers, Web copy, ad copy, sales collateral, long-tail content and various integrated content campaign components to support overall content marketing strategy and editorial calendar.
- Interactive content: Assist with brainstorming, executing, and measuring the results of various interactive content experiences.
- Content distribution & placement: Work cross-channel and with external resources on content distribution, from campaign creation to measurement. Source partnerships with reputable, valuable partners with similar target audiences for content exchanges.
- Measurement: Help measure various content experiences and be able to iterate campaign tactics/strategies to improve results
Qualifications for success
- 3-6 years of marketing, PR, or communications
- Excellent writing skills
- Sharp eye for grammar and spelling (AP Style a plus!)
- Strong attention to detail and strong project management skillz
- Experience with various content distribution channels
- Technical chops appreciated
- Finance/fintech experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required