We’re the Global Business Services IBM Design Thinking Team. GBS is IBM’s consulting arm, and we’re charged with infusing IBM Design Thinking throughout the organization. We’re currently engaged with the new Offering Management and Asset Development practice in GBS, helping define how offerings are developed and how they go to market. We dabble in service design, client workshops, and now we’re starting to do more and more content development, particularly for the Institute of Business Value, which is IBM’s thought leadership group. We’re going to be helping promote new thought leadership content with our own content — video, interactive infographics and the like.
It’s a great opportunity to opportunity to work closely with IBM SMEs from around the world, clients from companies outside of IBM, and your design team peers to craft thoughtful, intuitive solutions.
- Conceives and executes strategic content consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Is responsible for original conceptions, for clear, concise and convincing writing, and grammatical and material accuracy.
- Sees work through to its production.
- Complies to quality standards for the team as set forth by the department.
- Develops concepts and/or content, collaborating with production as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent creative, conceptual, communication and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
- Empathetic and attuned to users' needs, motivations, and behaviors.
- Must also be able to work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with design leads and visual designers who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
- Natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguity accompanied by an extreme bias towards making and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 2+ year of UX design experience
- Knowledge of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite
- Visual portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design
- Readiness to travel 5% annually
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]