Consulting Research Analyst
Consulting Research Associate or Consulting Research Analyst DOE
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
The Cambia Health Solutions Healthcare Informatics Division is responsible for evaluating the way that health care is delivered by proactively identifying opportunities to improve healthcare outcomes or to reduce claim costs. Job specific responsibilities may include:
- Provide consultation on the design, testing and enhancement of corporate programs.
- Achieve actionable insights and solutions using analytical and statistical methods, project management and business knowledge.
- Research and evaluate programs and outcomes to determine performance against stated objectives.
- Document and communicate recommendations and solutions to business partners.
Within this context, the Consulting Research Associate or Consulting Research Analyst performs technical, analytical, and support functions to help the division and the company meet its goals.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Essential Functions for Consulting Research Associate:
- Perform complex analyses on programs and initiatives and creates visual representations and summary reports of findings. Develops meaningful dashboards and presentations that use information to inform and influence business activities and strategies.
- Applies knowledge of state and federal regulatory policies and procedures to program analysis and recommended actions.
- Extract, sort, cleanse, aggregate and process data from multiple sources, developing queries and reports based on business requirements.
- Work both independently and as part of a larger team supporting various internal customer groups on identifying business challenges and evaluating solutions to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business cases, identify business problems and understand desired business outcomes.
- Completes analysis and applies judgment to derive recommendations for complex challenges and initiatives.
- Ensures the appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepares and presents standard and ad-hoc analysis to business partners that help guide decisions and support results.
Additional Functions for Consulting Research Analyst:
- Perform responsibilities above with an increased degree of independence and self-direction.
- Provide higher level consultation on findings and recommendations.
- Works and interacts across the organization with a variety of business units.
Consulting Research Associate
- Experience with analytical / statistical programming tools for data extraction and summarization, statistics, and analysis (SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, STATA, MatLab, etc.). Ability to develop and modify queries to extract large amounts of data for standard and ad-hoc data requests.
- Experience with pre-processing of data, such as cleansing, aggregating, sorting, and combining data. Ability to combine multiple sources of data.
- Experience or coursework in advanced analytics such as analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data, independently or as part of a team. Ability to synthesize analytic insights with business questions, literature, judgment, and policy knowledge to develop options, action plans, and solutions for internal business partners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively interface and communicate with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate or coordinate activities or projects, including the ability to identify business requirements, resolve issues, and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
Consulting Research Analyst
Same as above plus:
- Deeper experience than Consulting Research Analyst Associate in analytical / statistical programming tools and in the ability to extract and summarize data for requests. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly and accurately pre-process and combine multiple sources of data.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytic skills in one or more areas including analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, multivariate modeling, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to provide analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation, and evaluation. Ability to develop innovative solutions by synthesizing literature, expert opinion, policy, and analytic insights.
- Ability to serve as a Cambia resource for current programs and new opportunities by combining business knowledge with program evaluation concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to present to and communicate with a broad array of internal and external customers, including leadership.
- Ability to coordinate across teams or functions to drive solutions and to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner. Oversees project resources and timelines. Assists with training and staff development activities.
- Applies knowledge of healthcare and interventions to improve member experience and achieve cost containment and other corporate objectives.
- Designs, develops or oversees acceptance testing of new reports, programs, and models. Reviews reports and other deliverables with end customer in mind to ensure outputs meet expectations prior to being put into production.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Consulting Research Analyst Associate would have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 2 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Consulting Research Analyst would have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 4 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
This is a multiple level position.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]