This role is responsible for monitoring, controlling and operating complex computer systems, networks, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi vendor environment. They are also responsible for analyzing first level problems for all systems (according to the service agreements), resolving and routing as appropriate, supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to their client requirements, performing I/O (tape and print) duties where appropriate and batch management when required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor operation of computer system including all peripheral equipment to identify potential problems on a 24x7 operation.
- Prepare incident reports for proper documentation and resolution.
- Provide first level problem determination and resolution based on approved recovery procedures.
- Perform the reset of the computer system based on procedures.
- Execute batch processing and initiate correction action to meet online target.
- Record equipment malfunctions via the SCCD Tool for proper handling and reporting.
- Execute BCP/DR procedures.
- Process special job requests using special ID's.
- Upload/Download files from external source to be used for batch processing.
- Accomplish daily logs/checklist to ensure that all tasks are completed.
- 24x7 Support on Incident, Problem, Change and Service/Adhoc Requests.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by his immediate supervisor
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Basic Server/PC administration and troubleshootingBasic knowledge in problem determination and resolution; Incident and Service Request handlingBasic knowledge in server monitoring and restart ; Web/Online system monitoring Computer/Information Technology / or Science Graduate
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
VMWare-Vsphere basic operation / background WinOS/Unix basic administration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]