For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker is a highly successful, global industrial company with a strong, proud and rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to a worldwide market. It is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
Joining the STANLEY Infrastructure team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, courage, innovation, agility, performance, inclusivity, and collaboration. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Infrastructure Solutions is a growth platform with plans to grow from $600M to $1-2B over the next few years with strong corporate M&A commitment for infrastructure acquisitions combined with organic growth plans.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for supporting internal communications, development and execution of communication strategies, and leading change management efforts to harness employee engagement. This position will work directly with the President, STANLEY Infrastructure and the executive leadership team to craft presentations, videos, and organizational announcements and change management communications. This position will work across our global business, with leaders from all functions to explain our business opportunities and growth plans in a compelling manner, creating alignment internally and externally across a variety of channels. This position will liaison with the Stanley Black and Decker corporate communications team to enhance and cascade key messages effectively through our business while executing a strong cadence of internal communication rhythms, including quarterly communications meetings, strategic planning sessions, and product review boards, among others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement strategic communications plans identifying key communication deliverables in support of our business goals that align to broader SBD communications strategies.
• Serve as communications partner for the Infrastructure leaders. Drive alignment and engagement around financial commitments and long-term strategic objectives
• Write talking points and create compelling content for key initiatives – including creative ideas for design and delivery.
• Support internal communications that enhance the image of the company among employees to increase engagement, generate pride and ensure alignment with goals
• Develop effective communications using a variety of mediums and technologies which may include e-bulletin boards, video, intranet, internal/external social media and more
• Leverage internal social platforms (Workplace by Facebook) to enhance the business collaboration globally
• Develop a deep understanding of the Infrastructure business to inform broader global communications plans and messaging for various business initiatives (leadership changes, business development, talent recruiting, etc.)
• Collaborate with teams across the business, including partnerships with third parties and other external groups to advance the goals and strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources or related field
• 5+ years of experience in Communications, Marketing or related field, with demonstrated experience leveraging communication tools to support key strategic initiatives (experience in manufacturing or technology industry preferred)
• Clearly demonstrated writing, editing and storytelling skills with ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
• Exceptional PowerPoint capabilities with demonstrated experience in developing visually effective presentations
• Strong project management capabilities, including demonstrated leadership for multiple assignments from conception to completion on deadline and within budget
• Understanding of and experience with change management within a corporate environment
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunit