The CNC Programmer is responsible for creating and reviewing numerical control programs for the machining of parts utilizing software for revision of existing CNC programs as necessary.
- Support development and fabrication of machines parts, tools, tooling and machine fixtures by the creation of CNC programs to meet customer and internal models, drawings, and specifications.
- Create/Write CNC programming - programs applicable to develop/update machining part programs to accurately machine components per CAD models, drawings, and specifications.
- Interface with operators, engineers, managers, and manufacturing supervisors to develop an effective manufacturing approach.
- Ensure/Verify machining programs - to ensure compliance to drawing and specification requirements.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work pieces into desired shapes.
- Optimize CNC programs.
- Revise programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures.
- Communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Train new CNC Operators on current machines to be able to setup and operate
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
Work Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience in CNC machining and/or programming
- Ability to read measuring instruments; read and understands blueprints.
- Will be safety minded with knowledge of the tools, alloys and material, methods and standard practices and will have knowledge of speed and feed calculations, threading applications & surface finish requirement.
- Knowledge of 4-axis, CNC lathes w/ live tooling and full 5-Axis CNC Milling.
- Ability to perform own set ups - and experience to run the programs which have been created on the applicable CNC machines to produce production parts.
- Mathematical aptitude and ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Capable of using common sense understanding to carry our detailed instructions including written and oral
- Computer proficiency including use of Microsoft office
- Problem Solving
- Desire to learn Physical
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and use hands
- Required to lift and/or move 10 lbs regularly and up to 33 lbs occasional
- Use of vision including peripheral, color, distance, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, strong fumes and loud noises
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.