The Cloud Implementation Engineer will be in charge of managing Level 2 internal technical teams dealing with all internal tickets, delivering a high satisfaction to his internal customers. The Cloud Implementation Engineer will handle tickets through internal tools (JIRA and Github), bring its expertise to Level 2 products and data feed issues, supervise and monitor PeopleDoc customized orchestration, create and provision client environments.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up systems to ensure client's integration
- Technical resource responsible for the technical aspect of the customer migration of data from their current HRIS to the PeopleDoc instance, utilizing our SFTP servers and API endpoints.
- Escalation point for Tier 1 Support responsible for troubleshooting, documenting, escalating and/or resolving diverse configuration and platform problems.
- Set systems up and constantly follow several projects in order to stick with the company's internal commitments
- Play an important role between the Project Managers and Customer Success Managers while providing support to production supervision team
- Update implementation documentation related to integration
- Manage level 2 PeopleDoc solutions configuration
- Managing internal tickets in accordance with SLA’s
- Analyze integration logs and error messages
- Have a deep understanding and appreciation of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Have a very high consideration on implications and risks of any change made on the systems
- Have experience troubleshooting issues, managing projects and handling sensitive data
- Build custom Robotic Process Automations (RPA) using our API endpoint, to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner
- 1 to 4 years of integration experience
- Some experience with Regex and orchestration (Groovy) configuration
- Experience with beta-tests
- Experience with Github • Jira • Ansible • Logmatic
- Ability to create and manage documentation
- Create and configure directories on the server to for customers to drop files for their standard integrations with our platform, whilst monitoring for any issues
- Set up SP/IDP initiated single sign on(SSO) for our customers so they may access their PeopleDoc instances seamlessly and securely
- Assist in customer on boarding by creating their staging and production instances and migrating configurations, as requested
- Past experience in an advanced technological environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be adaptive to changing needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]