Client Experience Managers (CEM) serve as a Trusted Advisor to the Top 100 IBM Hybrid Cloud clients and build meaningful relationships with assigned accounts. Primary responsibilities include identification of new revenue opportunities, sharing the IBM Hybrid Cloud POV, driving Support NPS and fostering financial growth.
The ideal CEM will have a diverse Hybrid Cloud background and experience working in a matrix environment. The CEM role requires a consultative strategic mindset, strong business acumen, technical ability to demo Hybrid Cloud solutions and manage POCs, while supporting both deployment projects and new business opportunities. CEM's are expected to determine the client engagement scope, assemble IBMers and formulate solutions based on client requirements and desired client outcomes.
What are the top responsibilities of this role?
Building and nurturing relationships is critical in this position. The CEM is expected to visit clients on a regularly (minimum 2x per month) and have a robust network of client contacts established. Attend product selection and strategy meetings to ensure an understanding and document deployment project pipeline. Optimize the customer experience by being available to answer questions, provide level 0 - 1 product demos, address basic product questions, provide training or other product support and gather feedback to feed to OM, Support/Dev for corrective actions. Handle interactions with clients/partners and internal IBMers to diffuse volatile customer situations, setting appropriate customer expectations and positioning technical solutions effectively. Drive net new revenue opportunities with assigned clients through new license sales and Lab Services/AVP. Improve GEP community engagement and participation and identify client advocacy opportunities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 years of direct on-site client facing experience managing client accounts, resolving moderate to complex technology & business issue
- 5 - 10 + years of experience in leading product demos, facilitating business solution sessions, leading business analysis and design sessions or partnering with teams to architect client solutions
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5 - 10+ years of experience identifying client business needs and collaborating with teams to build technical solutions using IBM Hybrid Cloud and Analytics products (i.e. Websphere Application Server (WAS), Information Server/Datastage, IBM Cloud, Db2, SPSS, Business Automation, MQ Series, Cognos, etc.)
- 5+ years of Business Consulting, Technical Consulting, Technical Sales or Technical Architecture experience using Hybrid Cloud or Analytics software
- Strong knowledge of IBM Hybrid Cloud and Analytics product offerings
- Proven experience building and maintaining executive level (Director/VP/C-Suite) relationships with with external clients, partners and IBMers
- Professional industry experience working in healthcare, banking, wealth management, insurance, telecommunications or automotive industries
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]