Purpose of JobUSAA’s 10-week, summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a Fortune 100 company and leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the service of the military community and USAA’s noble mission, interns are immediately part of USAA’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at USAA and gain a career where you can make a difference!
Our 2020 summer internship program will start on May 18, 2020 and last through July 24, 2020. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts low to moderately complex auto or property claims by or against our insureds to confirm coverage determine legal liability and equitability settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements
- Works under direct supervision to perform routine work assignments and problem resolution
- Recognizes life events, understands member’s needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to the member
- Responds to member inquiries and requests
- Identifies member events and provides solutions via company products and services to meet their needs
- Provides members with guidance by applying foundational knowledge of products and services
- Identifies opportunities to deepen relationships in support of member financial security strategies
- Researches and resolves general disputes in a timely and efficient manner
- Performs routine with tasks under direct supervision and within established procedures and guidelines
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship
Minimum Work Experience
- 0 to 1 year of customer contact experience required
- Foundational knowledge of company products/services and application of knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment required
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.