Be Innovative. Be Influential. Be the Expert. Be all that and more at Colliers International. Join our team as a Chief Engineer in Boston, MA.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
You’re a technical and engineering expert, familiar with maintenance systems and equipment. You bring strong organizational skills, a customer-centric approach and a positive outlook to everything you do.
As the Chief Engineer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the maintenance systems are running efficiently to ensure the safety of our clients and their properties. You’ll respond to client requests, prioritize and assign work orders to be performed by Building Engineers, and follow up to ensure minimal downtime. You like to be proactive by conducting regular inspections, alarm testing, and implementing preventative maintenance programs.
You also know how to develop and maintain strong relationships with property managers, suppliers and department leaders. And with a keen eye for details, you’ll be able to successfully manage multiple priorities and reports, including inventory, records, and schedules.
What you bring:
- At least 7 years’ experience in building/property maintenance or engineering experience.
- Solid working knowledge of HVAC systems/maintenance, electrical, plumbing, energy management systems and other building mechanical equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel).
- Flexibility to be on-call to respond to after-hours / weekend emergency requests.
- Proven knowledge of and training in current issues relating to building operations and maintenance, including NFPA 70E, OSHA 10, LEED, IAQ, etc.
Bonus skills and experience:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Massachusetts Trade License (HVAC, electric, plumbing) desirable.
- Proven ability to read and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
What success looks like:
- You maintain and check daily operating logs for the following: air conditioning, fan units, graph charts, utility meters and general complaints.
- You ensure that building systems and tenant service requests are handled efficiently at the most economical cost.
- You assist in the development of the annual budget and RFP process for budgeted projects.
- You demonstrate a clear understating of operating procedures and proper chemical treatment levels for cooling towers and boilers.
- You make recommendations to the Property Manager and Client, as necessary, on the performance of functions and the establishment of quality standards for services.
- You assist the on-site Client representative and Property Manager to coordinate and supervise contractors and vendors and evaluate quality of completed work related to base building responsibilities.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.